Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
- To offer opinions in a constructive manner and to put forward ideas on behalf of other patients.
- To improve the provision of health care.
- To improve communication between surgery, patients and the wider community about matters concerning the surgery and health in general.
- To provide assistance in development of new services.
- To encourage a spirit of self help and support amongst patients to improve their health and social care.
Latest minutes Minutes of AGM 2023
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.
NHS Friends and Family
Patient Question and Answer engagement session
We are really pleased to have recently undertaken a patient engagement session in partnership with the practices PPG. The session was held on 22nd August 2022 at the St John Evangelical church. The session was open to all patients within the practice and was advertised through the social media channels controlled by the practice and within the practice building.
The event was to allow patients of GSMC to come to an open forum and listen to the work that is going on within the practice, whilst providing them an opportunity to ask the senior management team questions about the practices operations.
We were so pleased to have a number of patients attend and to be able to provide information on our developemnts and to listen to suggestions on service improvement.
We developed a presentation for the session including a number of frequently asked questions and responses which can be seen here -
Although the presentation has basic responses these were elaborated on within the session so just give a general overview of the discussion.